BrainCare provides daily support for individuals with acquired brain injury (ABI), including traumatic brain injury (TBI). We help participants relearn lost skills and grow toward independence and self-sufficiency. We do this through specialized living communities, coordinated care and cognitive rehabilitation with skills training. We have been honored to serve this community since 1999.
Frequently Asked Questions
If any of the following apply to you or a loved one, BrainCare can help:
- A brain injury has impacted your ability to work or do other daily living tasks that you formerly were able to do
- Difficulty getting to all necessary health care appointments-physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, or physician visits
- A doctor has recommended 24-hour supervision for yourself or a loved one
- An inability to fully care for yourself or a loved one around the clock
- Difficulty taking care of family members who rely on your support
To be eligible for participating in BrainCare, applicants must be 18 years or older and have a diagnosis of brain injury resulting in residual physical, cognitive or emotional difficulties. Stroke and various other diagnoses may also qualify. Our staff can help answer any questions about eligibility and payment options, so please contact us with any questions you have.
There are several payment options for BrainCare services. These options include fee-for-service, private insurance, Medicaid as Home and Community Based Service (HCBS-BI) and all-inclusive rates.
The first step is to call our intake team to schedule an in-person assessment. Anyone can make this call including the potential participant, family member or provider in the community. The BrainCare intake team can be reached at 719-520-5656.
Once our team member completes a preliminary assessment and determines if the person would be a good fit, the potential participant is invited to take a tour and learn more.
Individuals who are candidates for our residential living options are individually assessed to ensure a good fit. Our current residential options are:
- Our houses, located in residential neighborhoods in Colorado Springs, offer a higher level of independence. Services are provided in the home.